Terms and conditions
The General Terms and Conditions of Belmondo Travel (Belmondo) regulate the basis of business relationships between Belmondo and the Passenger. When using the website and completing a reservation through Belmondo Travel, you acknowledge and agree to read, understand, and agree to the terms and conditions below.
After receiving your booking request through our website, you will receive a confirmation email with booking details and payment instructions. Bookings can only be considered final after receiving payment of a deposit. We require a deposit payment at least 3 days after receiving the booking confirmation email to confirm your reservation. Upon receipt of payment, an invoice confirming the remaining amount due will be sent to your email address. Upon full payment (at least 30 days before departure), you will receive an invoice listing all payments made and the information required for travel.
When you make a booking, you confirm that you are of the appropriate age and are authorised to enter into a contract on behalf of all party members (if required). You will be asked to accept our Terms and Conditions before making payment. Payment of your deposit constitutes acceptance of our Terms and Conditions and a binding contract between you and Belmondo.
All our rates are charged in Euro. A deposit of 200 EUR per person is required to confirm any reservation. Final payment is due at least 45 days before the cruise date. Any reservation made within 60 days of the departure date must be accompanied by full payment and is subject to Cancellation Terms. Payments can be made by credit card or bank transfer.
All deposits are non-refundable. Different cancellation policies may apply to each reservation, and for each reservation, the guest needs to agree with the specific booking conditions provided by the operator.
The final payment has to be made 30 days before the cruise departure, and from then on, cancellation conditions apply.
We strongly recommend that you take out adequate travel insurance when you confirm your booking to ensure that you are protected for all eventualities.
Each cruise is supported by a dedicated crew team, who will be happy to help should you encounter any difficulty or discomfort. Please get in touch with your cruise manager on board if you need to claim about any aspect of your cruise that did not meet expectations. If your complaint cannot be resolved where you are, please get in touch with us straight away.
Please inform us about this if you are not satisfied with our response. If you want to take the complaint because it has not been resolved, please send it with supporting documentation to our company during your cruise or within 30 days after the end of the cruise. No claim will be accepted afterwards.
Negotiation is considered a general method of solving problems or discrepancies concerning the fulfilment of the contract. In case the results of such negotiations are not found satisfactory by either of the parties, courts in Slovenia are considered the courts of appeal and arbitration.
We strongly recommend that you buy appropriate international travel insurance at the time of paying your deposit, which should include cover for cancellation or curtailment of your holiday as a result of circumstances outside your control (including accident or illness and inability to travel for other reasons), personal accident, personal liability, medical expenses and repatriation in the event of medical need.
7. Delayed arrival
We do not accept any liability for additional costs which may result from delays. For example, if you miss services booked on your cruise due to a flight cancellation or late departure, it is your responsibility to cover these costs. We do not cover any refunds for missed services because of late flights or any other reason. We recommend that in case of delay, Passengers call us at the emergency phone number provided in your travel documents.
8. Program prices
Program prices are per person, based on two persons sharing a cabin. Single-cabin supplements and triple-cabin reductions are listed where applicable.
9. Passports and visas
If passengers need a visa to travel to Croatia and neighbouring countries, or transit countries, they take full responsibility for obtaining the correct type of visa in time. Belmondo Travel is not responsible for any visa/travel document issues that may occur on the border control. It doesn't provide any refund in case clients are denied entry to Croatia or any transit country or a client's visa application is unsuccessful.
10. Clients responsibility
Each Passenger warrants that he/she is physically and mentally fit to undertake the Cruise or Tour. Passengers must have received all necessary medical inoculations before the cruise or tour and have all tickets, valid Passports, visas, medical cards and any other documents needed for the scheduled ports of call and disembarkation.
11. Passengers who need special assistance
Any disability that requires special attention must be reported to Belmondo Travel at the time of booking. Passengers with a wheelchair cannot embark. The Passenger who needs to bring any medical equipment on board must inform us at the time of the booking. Bringing a recognised assistance dog on the ship is not allowed. Suppose the client has any particular conditions, disability or reduced mobility which requires personal care or supervision. In that case, such personal care or supervision must be organised by the client and at the client's expense. The vessels cannot provide respite services, one-to-one personal care or supervision or any other form of care for physical, psychiatric or other conditions."
Due to safety reasons and comfort for all Passengers, animals will not be allowed on cruises. Because it is important that you feel safe and comfortable while on our ships, we ask that Passengers refrain from bringing their pets on board.
13. Onboard rules
Passengers on a cruise must abide by the ship's rules. These rules are necessary for the safety of all Passengers and crew, as the captain is responsible for everyone onboard.
- Passports are to be handed to the captain for registration on the first day of the cruise. Passengers must have their Passports in order and carry them throughout their cruise.
- For your safety, all Passengers are strongly advised not to jump or dive from the ship during navigation. Climbing on the masts is also forbidden.
- Avoid unnecessary movement and activity, particularly during rough weather. Be careful to move quickly, and with care, as wet and slippery floors can be dangerous.
- It is advised that Passengers take extra care when crossing between the ships in port. It is the individual's responsibility to ensure safe passage between them. Passengers will find safety belts distributed in the cabin, dining area, and elsewhere depending on the vessel.
- For the comfort and safety of all guests, we ask that you observe noise regulations onboard our vessels. Special attention must be given to night peace, which starts at midnight. On National Parks night, peace is required even earlier, and Passengers will be notified of this.
- In the interest of health, safety and environmental protection, smoking is not allowed in restaurant areas and cabins. When smoking on the deck in designated smoking areas, Passengers must not throw cigarette butts in the sea.
- No food or drinks purchased on land will be allowed onboard. The only exception is that customers can bring personal care products, medicine, food products specifically for infants, and food products for special diets. Typical regional products purchased during visits to the ports will be stored onboard and returned to customers at the end of their cruise.
- Passengers must respect scheduled mealtimes, which will be placed on the board in the dining area, and departure times from ports.
- Passengers are responsible for their personal belongings whilst travelling on trains. We advise you to keep your possessions and luggage safe from potential unauthorised access or theft.
14. Force majeure
We will not be liable to pay compensation if our contractual obligations to you are affected by an event we could not foresee or avoid with all due care.
15. Special notes for all cruises
- The captain reserves the right to change the route if bad weather conditions should arise.
- All Passengers must follow ship rules (to be found in written form on the ship) and ensure a pleasant trip for all. In case of bad behaviour caused by clients, the captain reserves the right to ask such clients to disembark at any time.
- Departures are guaranteed. We reserve the right to cancel departures with less than 20 participants and change the vessel name if needed.
- In some Croatian ports, the ships moor side by side, making it necessary for the clients to cross from one ship to another with gaps between ships to get to the shore. Due to specific mooring conditions and requirements in these ports, we request that Passengers take special care when crossing.